Sunday, January 19, 2014

Out of the mouth of babes......


Have you ever heard a small child say something that surprises you because it shows an adult's wisdom and understanding of a situation?  

This happens to me more than I can recount!  Sometimes my little children say things and I just sit there and think, "Where did that come from?" Wisdom from above!  Literally, as if God himself if speaking through the child to the parent. :)  It's so sweet.  

Not too long ago my 7 year old was taken to heaven and hell in the Spirit. I teach scriptures to my children, but I had never talked details to him or anything in regards to hell. He has this amazing dream/vision at 6 and tells me he saw Heaven and Hell and he was so matter of fact, like "Mom, there was this stuff.....it's um called, oh yeah LAVA!" and then he went on and on about what all he saw. 

Not too many weeks ago my sweet 3 year old (4 now) was sleeping next to me and at like 3 or 4 am he jumps up from his sleep, sits straight up in the bed and is wide awake looking at something.  I am just staring at him like "what is he doing?" because he doesn't talk in his sleep or sleep walk or anything like that! Then he has this HUGE smile of JOY on his face, as he is still looking at something, he says, "Mommy!  What are you doing over there?" and as I am about to interrupt him, I stay quiet and still and he continues and says, "Mommy! why are you on ..........he pauses and then says, "STREETS OF GOLD!!!" and then he laughs, smiles and lays back down to go to sleep.  It was the sweetest thing I have EVER seen and at that very moment I knew in my spirit that he was just shown the STREETS OF GOLD! I had never and I do mean NEVER mentioned the STREETS OF GOLD!  So, I knew the Father was allowing me to see and hear him say something I hadn't taught yet.  Awe!?!?  Do we serve a wonderful, loving Father or what?!  He is so precious and loving.  I love him and his allowing me to see his wonders through my children. What a BLESSING!!!

"Out of the mouth of babes and infants You have founded strength, Because of Your adversaries, To put an end to enemy and avenger! For I see Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have established. What is man that You remember him? And the son of man that You visit him?"~Psalms 8:2-4


"...and said to Him, “Do You hear what these say?” And יהושע said to them, “Yea, have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nurslings You have perfected praise’?” ~Matthew 21:16

"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." ~Revelation 21:21

"Father, teach us to worship on earth as it is in heaven!!"

"In a loud voice they were saying: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" ~Revelation 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment